The Firm in Action
The Firm has achieved extraordinary results – recovering over $3 billion for its clients. Notable accomplishments include:
- Recovering a $586 million settlement against the largest investment banks on Wall Street.
- Recovering a $400 million settlement against the largest insurance broker in the world.
- Forcing a multinational pharmaceutical company to re-label a popular at-home medical testing device to accurately reflect the product’s limitations.
- Achieving a settlement in excess of $100 million on behalf of investors in the now-infamous multi-billion dollar Ponzi scheme orchestrated by Bernard L. Madoff.
- Achieving a $14.7 million jury verdict following a four-week jury trial concerning illegal business practices that affected hundreds of auto body repair shops.
- Recovering a $25 million partial settlement on behalf of direct purchasers of shell eggs and egg products in an action alleging a massive price-fixing effort in the egg industry.
The Firm and its lawyers have served in leadership roles in scores of high-profile and complex litigations, ranging from cases involving shareholder and consumer rights to injuries caused by dangerous drugs, defective medical devices and consumer products:
- Appointed to the Plaintiff’s’ Steering Committee in In re Ethicon, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation; In re American Medical Systems, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation; In re Boston Scientific Corp. Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation; and In re C.R. Bard, Inc., Pelvic Repair System Products Liability Litigation, four transvaginal mesh multidistrict litigations pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia. The lawsuits allege that pelvic mesh manufacturers C.R. Bard, American Medical Systems, Boston Scientific and Ethicon failed to properly and adequately warn about complications associated with the products. The Firm also serves on multiple plaintiff subcommittees that are coordinating the discovery and trial of these cases.
- Appointed Co-Liaison Counsel in the In re Pelvic Mesh/Gynecare Litigation, and In re Pelvic Mesh Litigation/Bard, two consolidated actions of all pelvic mesh lawsuits filed in New Jersey state court, involving hundreds of claims filed by individuals injured as a result of pelvic mesh implants. Responsible for leading the cases against multiple manufacturers of pelvic mesh.
- Appointed Vice-Chair and later Chair of the Executive Committee in In re Initial Public Offering Securities Litigation, one of the largest and most complex securities cases in history.
- Appointed Co-Lead Counsel in In re Processed Egg Products Antitrust Litigation, a federal multidistrict case alleging a price-fixing conspiracy against the nation’s largest egg producers.
- Appointed Lead Counsel in the securities actions brought by investors in the now-infamous multi-billion dollar Ponzi scheme orchestrated by Bernard L. Madoff.
- Appointed Co-Lead Counsel representing thousands of affected tenants in a case alleging hundreds of millions of dollars of overcharges by New York City landlords.